Types of dentures
1. Partial denture It replaces one or more missing teeth. These can be tooth-supported or tissue supported.
2. Complete denture It replaces all of the natural teeth.
3. Over-denture overlying remaining natural teeth.
4. Implant retained overdenture.
5. Immediate denture. It is inserted immediately after the removal of teeth.
Denture hard or soft liners can be used in different situations to improve your comfort. These are required if the tissue underneath your denture has changed shape overtime due to further loss of teeth or bone resorption. If the change is significant, a denture rebase procedure can be carried out. In extreme cases, a new denture can be constructed. If there is a problem with the bite, addition of acrylic to the biting surfaces or a denture remount procedure can be carried out.